Frequently Asked Questions

Q: There are so many forms. Which ones need to be completed?

A: Everyone applying for coverage must complete the Association Enrollment Form.

Complete everything that is applicable (for instance, if you have no employees answer N/A.) When it asks for your Member ID#, that is your NWU Member #. It will also ask you the date you joined the Association, meaning the date you joined the NWU.

The following forms must be completed depending on which coverage you choose:

HIP Subscriber/Member Enrollment Form

Flex 2000
GHI Hospital Only Enrollment Form and Health-Flex 2000 Enrollment Form

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What exactly is the required tax documentation in order to enroll in the Health Plan?
A: You are required to submit a copy of one of the following:

  • Schedule C
  • Schedule E
  • Schedule F (along with a W-2 or 1099)
  • Schedule 1120, 1120-S or 11205
  • Schedule K or K-1
  • NYS-45
  • Business Certificate with a Voided Business Check

The key here is to prove that you are self-employed and earning a living from such self-employment.

This may require that you submit more than one of the above to provide sufficient documentation.